Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 7: Flood - More Fun in the Philippines?

Yesterday was relatively uneventful during the day. We went to the dentist at noon and finished at 5:30 pm. On our way home, it rained and as happens here, the streets become rivers.

We arrived in Monumento at around 5:45pm and the streets were a little flooded. My wife and I decided to wait because in the past few days, the rains would subside. Apparently, we were wrong. The rain got heavier and the streets started to get flooded.

We stood there with about a hundred people waiting for the rain to stop and it got heavier and heavier until the water was knee deep. We decided to brave the flood water which by that time was not only deep, but had a strong current.

We went to SM (another one?) Hypermart to buy some shoes because we did not want to damage our shoes. Then we went on to cross the Monumento river.When we got home, the flood water had reached the house. So we had to pan out the flood water. We arrived home at around 10:00 pm.

I observed two instances that really strengthened my belief in the people here. On our way, I was giving my wife my wallet to keep in her bag. A random woman who was also waiting for the flood water to subside offered to give us a plastic bag. And as we were walking on the road, there were people guiding us on where to go. I am hoping that this attitude would really overflow to their driving habits.

I do not believe in coincidence and I believe that all things happen for a purpose. Congress voted on the RH bill yesterday. I believe this to be God's warning to the members of Congress - that they just did something very evil. I continue to pray that the Lord will intervene and stop the evil without affecting the people of this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment