Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 21: Amazing New Metro Manila Cities

 The day started with mass again. I think I have been able to discern the Lord's will for me. After mass, we went to the Fort. I am amazed at the Fort. Once you enter the Fort, it looks like a city in North America. I can't help but think that it looks like downtown Vancouver.

The streets are clean and well marked. It looks like people obey traffic rules. Which begs the question - why do people obey rules here but not in other cities?

After the Fort, we went to the American war memorial. I am amazed at how well kept this is. You have to give it to the Americans to make sure they honour their dead. It had manicured lawn and well lined up crosses sprinkled by an occasional Star of David.

The building has the seals of all the states and territories of the US. The breeze was also greatly welcome.

After this, we went to the Christ the King church. This was where my family started. My wife and I got married in this church. It has been improved a lot. There is a main church and a chapel downstairs.

The main church was closed but my daughter got a picture of it. It brought back a lot of memories. To think that 22 years ago, I started my married life. I never regretted it even once. I am thankful to the Lord for giving me my wife and my family.

After that, we went to the Dampa sa Pasig. It is a wet market where you can buy fresh sea food and they will cook it. If you have not been there, it is worth a try. Nothing tastes like fresh sea food.

After lunch, we went to the Padre Pio Centre. I've been to the centre, but they have renovated it. There were a lot of testimonies of healing from Padre Pio.

After this, we went to Eastwood and walked around. I am amazed at the mall. It looks world class.



No comments:

Post a Comment