Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 5: First Saturday

This is my first Saturday back in the Philippines and also the first Saturday of the month. I had breakfast of scrambled egg and carabao cheese after mass. The carabao cheese was wet but tastes good. It's not as firm as the regular cheese. It's the one on top of the picture.

I have included a picture of an atis fruit. It is the one right beside the spoon in the picture. I think this is indigenous to the Philippines. It is a fruit with lots of seeds.

It was an interesting day because I took the jeepney to my brother's place to see my mother. What can you say about jeepneys - they have not changed since I started riding them. They still drive like crazy but it gets you where you want to go. What is interesting is it costs more to ride a tricycle than to ride a jeepney.

Anyway, lunch was excellent. My brother, my mother and two nephews and my niece were there. We went to Banawe and I was surprised to see a lot of Chinese establishments there. It's like a second Chinatown. We had lunch at Kim Po Chinese restaurant.

My nephews and niece were excellent company. They were funny. I knew there was a clown in that family but I did not know he was THAT funny.

After lunch I went home and rested then it was off for dinner. My sister took us to Hai Chix in Ortigas Ave., There was a prayer rally at the EDSA shrine but thankfully, we arrived after it was done. The place is nice. The food is good. We were full! I think they specialize in steak and Hainan chicken rice.

It continues to rain. The strange thing about the rain here is it is sporadic. It will suddenly pour and suddenly stop.

2 comments: