Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 19: Reminiscing High School

Cross with rellic
Morning began with mass again. The thought came that it really does not matter where I am, or where the Lord is leading me. What matters is Jesus himself. This is really the purpose of our lives - to know Jesus. There was also a large cross at the church. The priest said it arrived last night as part of the celebration for youth. I noticed a relic but did not know what it was. In any case, I spent some time praying before it.

Main Altar at the Monastery Chapel
I went to San Beda with my son in the morning. We were supposed to go to a blessing of a store in the afternoon. My former classmate was going to bless it. We took the LRT to Recto and then a jeepney from there to Legarda.

First thing I noticed is the absence of barbed wire on Mediola bridge.
One of the plazas in the school
On arrival at the monastery, I informed the porter that I had an appointment with my classmate. We were early so I had time to take my son around the school.

The chapel as always is very solemn. I always get a sense of the divine when I am in it. I spent some time before the Lord. It was a familiar site because I spent many hours before him at the same spot several years ago.

We went to the school and I saw the plaza where I spent time waiting for the bell to ring. My kindergarten room is now an office. There is this sign along the corridor and it shows the motto of Prayer and Work.

After this, we went to Robinson's Magnolia for the blessing of the store. Like all malls, this one is also huge. Since it just newly opened, there were still not a lot of people. It was good to see my high school classmates - some going back to Kindergarten.

We talked about our 'exploits' in high school. And how our batch was 'the worst batch ever' because of the rumbles we had during the NCAA basketball games.

After the blessing, lunch and then home. We took the LRT2 from Gilmore to Recto and then the LRT1 from Doroteo Jose to Monumento. The LRT system is one of the best infrastructure projects that really benefits the citizens.

The sad news of the day was the plane crash of Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo. He is one of the better cabinet members of Aquino and it will really be a great loss to the country if he did not survive the crash. May the Lord save him.

No comments:

Post a Comment