Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 3: Catching up with an Old Friend

During the homily, the priest spoke of Jesus as being the pearl of great price. He is the only One that really matters. We choose him not for any reason but because of who he is. This made me think - am I seeking him because of who he is or because of what it will bring me? One thing is apparent. I need to ask for the Holy Spirit to lead me. I cannot see Jesus without the Spirit. Everything is grace.

After mass, I went home and had breakfast. I had an appointment with my old high school classmate. You can say we were one of the best of friends during High School through college but lost touch after college. I am very thankful to the Lord for what the Lord had done and continues to do for him. He found the Lord years after college and never turned his back ever since. And the Lord blessed him abundantly. This reminded me of what one of the psalms says, "Those who trust in the Lord will lack nothing."

We spoke of one of our closer friend who died early this year. But most of our conversation centered of Jesus and how life is to be his disciple. Throughout my time with him, we spoke of how the Lord moves in our lives.

This encounter with him reinforced my belief that our relationship with Jesus is not in a box. One cannot be a disciple and still remain in one's former life. There has to be a change - a total turnaround from whatever we hold dear to Jesus.

After being dropped off at home, I went out with my wife and daughter to one of the malls around the house. It was packed!

The major news these days was the hazing of a man trying to join a fraternity in San Beda. This is the second time it has happened in a year. The fraternity is not recognized by the school but it being made up of San Beda Law students has damaged the reputation of the school. May God accept the soul of the person who died and may there be justice done.

The news also spoke of flooding in various areas in the country. It is very sad to see disaster in the country. People dying or getting sick. Lord, help the country recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment