Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 26: Last Minute Shopping and Healing Mass

The day started pretty slow and picked up in the afternoon. We went to Trinoma to buy an appreciation gift to our host and went home. On the way, the taxi we took conked out right in the middle of EDSA! We got off the taxi and he even asked me to push the car aside. God bless the driver of that taxi.

Since we were in the middle of EDSA, we did not know how to cross. An MMDA approached us and stopped the traffic so we could cross to the sidewalk. One plus point to that MMDA! May the Lord bless that MMDA who helped us.

We got home without any problems and had dinner.

There was a healing mass scheduled that night. There was a visionary and mystic who would be praying over people for healing. I attended the mass because I wanted to be healed and stayed to see if she can pray over me. The church was very crowded. The parish priest gave an excellent homily. He basically said God wants to heal us and he has a plan for us.

After the mass, Emma de Guzman spoke for a few minutes. She spoke of her call and her vision. From what she said, I found nothing theologically wrong with what she said. It was very basic that God has a plan for us. He wants us to be with him in heaven.

She also said that God has chosen the Philippines to be a light in the darkness. The Filipinos working abroad always have a smile on their faces. This in itself is testimony of God's love. I believe this is true. My experience with many Filipino workers in Victoria can attest to this fact.

Many of them work as nannies and God uses them to preach the good news to their wards.

She also spoke of three holy mountains in the country, one in each of the major island groups of the country (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao). Since I consider this as a private revelation, I will take this carefully until I get to know the purpose of these mountains.

There was a constant call to repentance and conversion to Jesus. She spoke of going to confession and receiving the Eucharist frequently. Also, she is conscious of what transpires when she goes into a trance. I hesitate to say I believe or not but based on what I heard, I would say that I believe in her calls to repentance but will be very careful in interpreting her visions. I stayed until 9:30 pm and went home without being prayed over. I found out that the session lasted until 1:00 am.

The healing session started and I noticed that Filipinos really need discipline. The people were told four times to stay seated until their turn. Man - how simple can that instruction be?

Anyway, I pray for healing for those who attended. I pray that if the Lord has chosen the Philippines, that he will bless it and make it really a light in the darkness.

We leave for Victoria tomorrow. May God bless our trip and make it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment