Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 22: Catching up with Relatives

They finally found Sec. Robredo's body in the plane crash. It really is a great loss to the nation. Such a great public servant. I am really impressed with the way the Filipino responded to this news. There was a sense of loss. This proves that despite what the traditional politicians (trapos) think, Filipinos are intelligent enough to discern a great man when they see one.

What I find very repulsive are those politicians who try to gain points by using the man's name. Although I believe he was a good man worthy of all the praises he is receiving, I wonder how many of these are really sincere praises. All of a sudden, a lot of these politicians want to be associated with him. What a sorry lot these politicians. These politicians know it is political suicide not to be associated with him.

Another thing I find interesting is the faith of the people. Prayers - and lots of it - were offered for the safety of the secretary and the two pilots. The Filipinos know who to turn to in times of suffering and distress.

In any case, I went to see my auntie, my mother's sister. She lost her husband recently and I also got to see my cousins. Man, we ARE growing old! We had lunch at Robinson's in Pedro Gil. The food was great and quite filling.

In the afternoon, I had merienda with my niece and brother and daughter. We chatted about nothing - just to keep up with where we are.

At night, my wife, sister-in-law, my wife's niece and I went for some massage at Nuat Thai. It was a relaxing end to a tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment