Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 18: Dentist and Internet Justice

The day started with mass. On the way to church, the air was cool and the sun was up. It was a welcome change from the rain and humidity. The sun was shining throughout the morning.

We went to the dentist in Malabon and despite the sun, it was not that hot. I guess the sun melted the humidity. The road is another story though. There's lots of garbage on the road. I saw a garbage truck cleaning them up but what can one truck do to lots of garbage. I just hope they are able to clean up the garbage before the next flood.

One thing really surprises me. There is really something wrong with the Filipino psyche. You see garbage dumped right in front of a sign that says no dumping of garbage. Why would people do that? This is really something that boggles my mind. Why this blatant disregard for authority?

When we arrived at the dentist, it was a more sorry sight. They were flooded and one can see the walls were warped because of the flood. There were bubbles in the paint and one can see how high the water was during the flood. It was up to the waist. The dentist said they were able to move the chairs to their second floor before the flood came into their house.

The dentist was preparing my tooth for its cap and it took from 9:30 to 1:00 pm. I fell asleep while she was working on my tooth.

In any case, after the dentist, my wife and I went to SM North, just so we can spend some time alone.

One of the hottest news today is the one where a Philip Morris executive mauled a traffic aide. This again stresses my comment earlier on why Filipinos defy authority. The traffic aide was doing his job but this idiot just went on a rampage and hit the poor guy twice I would think, based on the video. View the video and judge for yourself.


The interesting thing is netizens did not take this lightly. The guy who mauled the traffic aide has been identified on Facebook. There are in fact several pages dedicated to him - and the comments against him are really not that charitable - to say the least. The guy has terminated his account on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. I'm not sure what to think of this justice but it makes one think twice before doing something in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment