Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 6: Manila Ocean Park

We went to mass in the morning and the parish was commissioning Extra-ordinary ministers of the eucharist. I cannot believe that there are masses one after the other. I'm not sure how the priests manage it but they do.

After mass was breakfast then off to Manila Ocean Park. When one enters, one gets a sense of pride that finally, we have a world class attraction.

The park has several attractions. One is the Oceanarium where it displays fishes. I cannot believe that there are fishes that are HUGE! Now, I believe it when people say they caught a big one because I have see one! The fish at the right is probably four feet long!

There was one which had four shark eggs in various stages of development. One can see the small sharks moving in the egg. The smaller ones are moving faster than the larger ones. Who can deny that these creatures in eggs are not alive? It reminds me that the 'thing' in a mother's womb is alive.



There was a fish with strange teeth. A saw tooth fish that I thought existed only in cartoons and stingrays and sharks.

There was also a penguin exhibit and a snow village. It was very cold inside. We also went to the jelly fish display. It was very good.

We had a late lunch and then watched the Bird show. The sad thing is it rained very hard and the show had to be cancelled. This was a shame because the birds were very, very good.

All in all, it was an excellent day. Seeing the beauty of God's creation made me realize the wisdom and power of God. God is Almighty and he makes all things beautiful! One of the psalms say, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Indeed, after seeing all these, one can only realize that we are all miracles of God.







No comments:

Post a Comment