Monday, July 30, 2012

Touchdown: Manila

The plane landed 2 hours after schedule. Not bad considering it left 3 hours late. The pilot probably drove the plane like a jeepney driver in Manila.

It was relatively a smooth ride but what do you do on a 13 hour flight but try to sleep and read and type on the computer. Sleeping was difficult considering the guy beside me kept bumping into me.

The landing was excellent - that you can expect from PAL pilots.

I was impressed with Terminal 2. It was new and clean but small though. Not sure why they had that built. What caught my attention was the note to something like, The NAIA is a no WangWang zone. Please fall in line. Well for one, that is a change. None of the faces of shameless politicians.


In any case, I arrived safely. My brother picked me up. There was no traffic because there was no school. The wind was strong, I saw the wave pounding the shoreline on Roxas Blvd.

I went to see my mom first. She was surprised to see me, then to my sister and then to my wife and kids. It`s good to see them. Lunch was special - Pancit ng mga taga Malabon - made in Kalookan. How can it be from Malabon if it was made in Kalookan. But does not matter - it tasted so good!!!

Had a nap and woke up at 10:30 pm! Still on Victoria time. Had dinner (or is it breakfast) lechon and rice. Now time to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment