Sunday, July 29, 2012

Victoria to Vancouver to Manila

Flight schedule showing delay
I am here at the airport. The flight is delayed for 3 hours!!! It was scheduled to fly at 12:30 am but now, it`s scheduled to fly at 03:35 am. It's almost 12 midnight and thankfully, the airline provided a $15 voucher to use for meals. I was really hungry.

The day started quite well. Woke up at around 5am and prepared for my trip. Since my trip is on a Sunday, I will need to attend the Saturday anticipated mass. I had to make sure that should I miss that - I get dispensation from my pastor which he gave me.

My food - Shitake Mushroom
and Shrimp Noodle
My nephew and I caught the 12 noon ferry. We rode one of the Celebration ships and it was the first time I ate at their cafeteria. We arrived in Richmond at around 2:30 pm. I had a short nap and we went for mass at 5pm.

The readings were about Elisha's the feeding of the 100 and Jesus' feeding of the multitude.

The theme seemed to coincide nicely with my morning reading of John 14:1, "Do not be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." Maybe this is going to be the theme of my trip. It is quite funny that when I give a talk I always tell my listeners to trust in the Lord, yet when it is told to me, I find it quite difficult to do this myself.

But trust in the Lord, I must. This will eventually lead me to what God has planned. It really does not matter what I think. Elisha told his disciple to give the bread to the 100 and his disciple objected at first. But when he obeyed, God worked a miracle.

Obedience is the key that unlocks the power of God. So obey I must. Ultimately, it is the Lord's will that gives life.

My nephews and niece were gracious hosts. We went to a restaurant and had dinner. For 4 people, we did not even spend $40! We went back to their place and I took a bath before coming to the airport. My nephew and niece brought me to the airport and stayed with me until I went into the boarding area.

The line up was long. It took us more than 1 hour to check in. By 10:30 pm, I was able to come to the boarding area.

Here`s the $15 voucher:

Here`s what I bought:

And this is where I am now – still 2 hours or so left.


No comments:

Post a Comment